Friday, October 3, 2008

One Week Later

Gyongyi put it right today - "the first everything is hard." It was one week today that Marika passed away. We all hard our eye on the time as it was approaching 5:34. First a chat with Vicky (who's in Vancouver recuperating from a mild cold) and then with Gyongyi. We had a drink to Mum - not the last, I'm sure.

Preparations are still underway for the Celebration of Life at Goward House, Saturday October 18 from 2pm to 5pm. Please RSVP to marika.ainley@shaw.ca as space is regrettably limited - we're already at 50% capacity. Who could expect anything less than a cracking party where Marika is involved?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello all
I empathize with the "first" syndrom. I completed a paintig and it has been part of the process to take a photo of it, email it to Marika, and then have her tell me how wonderful the painting is. :) And I miss her daily emails sending along polictal, feminist, and Maxine messages. Looking forward to the 18th.

Love lynn xo

PS was a nice shot of the UNBC flags at 1/2 mast. Nice tribute :)

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of Marika and our young days in Montreal.

Love Gerrie...Isle of Man